This 2 Days safari takes you to Akagera National Park . This is Central Africa’s largest protected wetland and the last remaining refuge for savannah-adapted species in Rwanda. The park is home to THE BIG 5.
What is included in the tour
- Use of a safari 4WD vehicle ideal for photography.
- Full board accommodation
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes.
- Use of professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Boat trip
- Complimentary return airport transfers in case you desire after the trip
- Bottled water whilst on safari
- Start and end in Kigali.
- Amref Emergency Evacuation Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Local & International Flights.
- Travel Insurance.
- Tips & Souvenirs.
- Personal Expense.
- Visit Akagera National Park.
- Sunset Boat ride on Lake Ihema.
- See the Big Five
- See the Shoe Bill
Day 1: Depart for Akagera National Park.
You will be picked early morning after your breakfast, Meet & Greet & Briefing start your journey East of Rwanda. The trip will take approximately 2 hr 30 Minutes. Upon arrival you will proceed to check in, freshen up and relax. After lunch you willl embark to a afternoon Game drive & sunset boat ride on lake Ihema in search of Nile crocodiles and Hippos coming back to your lodge later in the evening, Dinner & Over Night at Lodge of Choice.
Day 2: Full Day In Akagera.
Today you will enjoy the park. Start off early morning armed with your parked lunch depart for a Game drive This full day game drive offers you an opportunities to spot a variety of wild animals ie elephants, buffalos, lions, Masai giraffe, gazelles, impala, baboons, oribi, Butchel’s zebra, topi, bush baby, leopard and bushbuck coupled even bird life Akagera is home to 525 species,
Later in the afternoon you will be transferred back to Kigali.
- Mantis Akagera Game Lodge.
- Akagera Game Lodge stands on a hill at the southern tip of the Akagera National Park elevated above the savannah with exceptional views of Lake Ihema. With 60 rooms, a conference center, restaurant, and bar – Akagera Game Lodge is the perfect home base while conferencing or exploring the conservation treasures of Akagera National Park. Your journey begins today.
- Ruzizi Tented Lodge.
- Ruzizi Tented Lodge offers luxury accommodation located in Akagera National Park, Rwanda. Accommodation is provided in Twin Rooms, Double Rooms, Family Rooms and Deluxe King Rooms. All accommodation types are beautifully furnished and feature private bathrooms. Amenities and services available to guests staying at Ruzizi Tented Lodge include a sun terrace, on-site bar and restaurant.