This once in a life time tour it will be done by air saving the 8 - 9 hours spent on the road to Bwindi.. You will take your flight from Entebbe international airport to Kihihi or Kisoro Airstrip, Choice of airstrip will be determined by the Gorilla family you will be tracking. Upon arrival you will be transferred to the lodge where you will spend your night awaiting a full day Gorilla Tracking Expedition the next day. After your Tracking and another night in Bwindi you will fly back to Entebbe International Airport.
What is included in the tour
* Return domestic flight Entebbe - Kihihi - Entebbe
* Airstrip Transfers.
* 2 Nights accommodation at the Buhoma Lodge on full board( Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
* 1 Gorilla Permit
* Amref emergency evacuation insurance.
* All park fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
* International Flights.
* Additional accommodation before/after safari
* Personal Expense.
* Tips & Souvenirs
* Travel Insurance.
* Track the Mountain Gorillas of Uganda in Bwindi.
Day 1: Fly To Bwindi.
This morning you will be picked up from either your Hotel/Home in either Entebbe or Kampala or even upon arrival at airport & be transferred to the Entebbe International Airport for your flight to Bwindi,landing in either Kisoro or Kihihi Airstrips. The choice of Airstrip is determined by the region & family of Gorillas you will be tracking. Upon landing you wll be met by Lodge/Camp safari vehicle which will transfer to the Lodge/Camp. You will be there in time for lunch. Check in, Enjoy your lunch & Relax. Dinner & Over Night at the Lodge/ Camp of choice
- Luxury Options Clouds Lodge, Chameleon Hill ,Gorilla Forest Camp , Bwindi Lodge or Buhoma Lodge.
- Mid Range Options: Silver back Lodge, Buhoma community”The Haven Lodge” or Nkuringo Gorilla Camp.
- Budget Option: Buhoma community camp pr Ruhijja Gorilla Friends Camp.
Day 2: TRACK THE GORILLAS
After a good night restful sleep & breakfast. You will be taken to the briefing point where you will be briefed about Gorillas, DO'S & DONT'S & about your the Tracking. All this will be done by the Uganda Wildlife Guides & Rangers. After the mini sessions you will depart for your tracking accompanied by the Uganda Wildlife Rangers & Guide. Its advisable to take a Porter who will assist with carrying your items.(also its a way of promoting the community).After Tracking & spending time with the Gorillas you will head back to the briefing point whereby you will be awarded your Tracking certificates. You will then be taken back to your lodge/camp. Dinner & Overnight.
Uganda Gorilla tracking guidelines & rules:
- No smoking is allowed while with the gorilla premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Keep a distance of 7 meters (21 feet) from the Gorilla.
- Do not use flash when taking photos as they may scare & agitate the Gorillas.
- Silence should be maintained at all time - Do not make loud noises.
- In case of Flu, communicable diseases or even Diarhea or you will not be permitted to Track.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the gorillas and do not surround the Gorillas while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
- All covid protocals should be followed. Always have your mask on.
What to carry:
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as the Bwindi has unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe international airport.
After breakfast and check out you will be transferred to the airstrip for your flight back to Entebbe International Airport.