This is a safari that should be on your travel list. The 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari is done in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This park is found on the south western part of Uganda and at the edge of the famous Rift Valley. It is home to over 400 Mountain Gorillas. Probably half of the world’s population. You will track some of the habituated groups afterwards receiving your certificate for completing the track.
What is included in the tour
* Airport transfers,
* Use of a safari Land Cruiser all through the Safari.
* 1 Night accommodation on Bed & Breakfast in Entebbe or Kampala.
* 2 nights accommodation in Bwindi on Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
* Park entrance fees,
* One gorilla permit per person,
* Community visit Ranger fees,
* Use of a experienced Driver/guide all through the safari.
* Amref evacuation insurance.
* All taxes & Levies
What is NOT included in the tour
* Local and international flights,
* Travel insurance,
* Personal expense ie cigarettes , Calls, Laundry, Drinks etc.
* Anything not in Included list.
* View the rolling hills of Kabale
* Stand at the equator and take photos.
* Track the Rare Mountain Gorillas.
* Visit Bwindi impenetrable Forest a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site
Day 1: ENTEBBE OR KAMPALA
Upon you arrival & clearance at the Entebbe International Airport. You will be met by our representative. After meet & Greet you will be transferred to your hotel either in Entebbe or Kampala. Overnight in any of below options.( Meal plan: Bed & Breakfast.)
- Luxury option: Sheraton Kampala Hotel
- Midrange option: Cassia lodge/ forest cottages
- Budget Option: Red chili Hideaway Kampala
DAY 2: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK
After your breakfast & briefing. You will start your journey to Bwindi. The drive will be of an estimate of 9-10 hours. You will have several stop overs. Your first stop will be at the Equator whereby you will take photos and see the water experiments. Afterwards you will continue stopping in Mbarara for lunch at Igongo cultural village or an alternative hotel.
You will have an option of visiting the Ankole Museum - You will learn the History of the Ankole & if time permits you can trek up to the Eclipse Monument. The monument goes back in time to revive the memory of a total Eclipse that dates as far back as 1520 AD. This is according to astronomers and historians back then also the - story does not only lie on the Eclipse. It also dates back to the war which three contemporary kings were involved in. It is believed that when the king of Bunyoro, Omukama Rwitamahanga Olimi I, was fighting the king of Buganda, Ssekabaka Nakibinge & Nkore's Nyabugaro Ntaro I, this war was known as the battle of Biharwe having ended on Biharwe Hill.
After Lunch you will continue your journey to Bwindi. Enjoying the scenic views. You will see herds of Big Longed Horned Ankole cows and drink to the Green terraces of Kabale region. You will arrive in Bwindi in the evening. Check in & Dinner at Lodge/Camp of choice.
- Luxury Option: Buhoma Lodge.
- Mid Range Option: Silverback/ Haven Lodge.
- Budget Option :Buhoma community camp.
DAY 3: TRACKING THE GORILLAS.
After a good night restful sleep & breakfast. You will be taken to the briefing point where you will be briefed about Gorillas, DO'S & DONT'S & about your the Tracking. All this will be done by the Uganda Wildlife Guides & Rangers. After the mini sessions you will depart for your tracking accompanied by the Uganda Wildlife Rangers & Guide. Its advisable to take a Porter who will assist with carrying your items.(also its a way of promoting the community).After Tracking & spending time with the Gorillas you will head back to the briefing point whereby you will be awarded your Tracking certificates. You will then be taken back to your lodge/camp. Dinner & Overnight.
Uganda Gorilla tracking guidelines & rules:
- No smoking is allowed while with the gorilla premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Keep a distance of 7 meters (21 feet) from the Gorilla.
- Do not use flash when taking photos as they may scare & agitate the Gorillas.
- Silence should be maintained at all time - Do not make loud noises.
- In case of Flu, communicable diseases or even Diarhea or you will not be permitted to Track.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the gorillas and do not surround the Gorillas while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
- All covid protocals should be followed. Always have your mask on.
What to carry:
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as the Bwindi has unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
DAY 4: BACK TO KAMPALA/ENTEBBE
After breakfast & check out you will start you drive back to either Kampala or Entebbe. You will be dropped at the airport or Hotel of choice(extra night not included in quote).