This Adrenalin filled Safari will start with you heading to Bwindi Impenetrable National park where Half of the population of the Mountain Gorillas call home. You will have an amazing time tracking the Gorillas. Finishing with a visit to the source of the Nile - Jinja. Here you will enjoy White Nile rafting.
What is included in the tour
* Return airport transfer.
* Use of a 4 x 4 safari vehicle.
* Use of an experienced Driver/guide all through the safari.
* Rafting fee.
* 1 Gorilla Permit per person.
* 2 Nights in Bwindi on Full Board(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
* 1 Night in Entebbe/Kampala on Bed & Breakfast( Night of arrival)
* 1 Night in Kampala on Half Board.
* Rafting - Use Africa’s most experienced & qualified river crew
* Tea, coffee & breakfast on arrival for Rafting.
* Drinking water on the river
* Snacks during the trip
* Assorted beers & sodas, with sandwiches at the end of the day & Raft.
* FREE photos.
* Use of All the latest equipment, Extensive safety briefing , practice drills Safety raft and kayakers with every trip
* A visit to the Igongo Village.
* Amref Emergency evacuation Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
* Local and international flights,
* Travel insurance,
* Personal expenses.
* Tips & Souvenirs.
* Gorilla Tracking.
* Igongo Cultural Museum Visit.
* Rafting on the Source of the Nile.
* Standing on the Equator.
Day 1: ENTEBBE OR KAMPALA
Upon you arrival & clearance at the Entebbe International Airport. You will be met by our representative. After meet & Greet you will be transferred to your hotel either in Entebbe or Kampala. Overnight in any of below options.( Meal plan: Bed & Breakfast.)
DAY 2: BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK
After your breakfast & briefing. You will start your journey to Bwindi. The drive will be of an estimate of 9-10 hours. You will have several stop overs. Your first stop will be at the Equator whereby you will take photos and see the water experiments. Afterwards you will continue stopping in Mbarara for lunch at Igongo cultural village or an alternative hotel.
You will have an option of visiting the Ankole Museum - You will learn the History of the Ankole & if time permits you can trek up to the Eclipse Monument. The monument goes back in time to revive the memory of a total Eclipse that dates as far back as 1520 AD. This is according to astronomers and historians back then also the - story does not only lie on the Eclipse. It also dates back to the war which three contemporary kings were involved in. It is believed that when the king of Bunyoro, Omukama Rwitamahanga Olimi I, was fighting the king of Buganda, Ssekabaka Nakibinge & Nkore's Nyabugaro Ntaro I, this war was known as the battle of Biharwe having ended on Biharwe Hill.
After Lunch you will continue your journey to Bwindi. Enjoying the scenic views. You will see herds of Big Longed Horned Ankole cows and drink to the Green terraces of Kabale region. You will arrive in Bwindi in the evening. Check in & Dinner at Lodge/Camp of choice.
DAY 3: TRACKING THE GORILLAS.
After a good night restful sleep & breakfast. You will be taken to the briefing point where you will be briefed about Gorillas, DO'S & DONT'S & about your the Tracking. All this will be done by the Uganda Wildlife Guides & Rangers. After the mini sessions you will depart for your tracking accompanied by the Uganda Wildlife Rangers & Guide. Its advisable to take a Porter who will assist with carrying your items.(also its a way of promoting the community).After Tracking & spending time with the Gorillas you will head back to the briefing point whereby you will be awarded your Tracking certificates. You will then be taken back to your lodge/camp. Dinner & Overnight.
Uganda Gorilla tracking guidelines & rules:
- No smoking is allowed while with the gorilla premises or within a distance of 200 meters from the gorillas.
- Keep a distance of 7 meters (21 feet) from the Gorilla.
- Do not use flash when taking photos as they may scare & agitate the Gorillas.
- Silence should be maintained at all time - Do not make loud noises.
- In case of Flu, communicable diseases or even Diarhea or you will not be permitted to Track.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the gorillas and do not surround the Gorillas while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do gorilla tracking.
- All covid protocals should be followed. Always have your mask on.
What to carry:
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes
- Carry a packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat as the Bwindi has unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Gorillas.
DAY 4: BACK TO KAMPALA/ENTEBBE
After breakfast & check out you will start you drive back to either Kampala arriving late inthe evening with you checking in at the hotel. Dinner & Over Night.
DAY 5: RAFTING THE WHITE NILE
This is usually a 4 hours affair. After breakfast you will be transferred to Jinja. On arrival at the rafting base, you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow rafters and guides while enjoying a tea or coffee with delicious rafting breakfast. Rafting is a physical activity so make sure you eat up.
After an initial briefing, you will fitted with life jackets and helmets before heading off down river to the start point. Once down at the river’s edge, you will receive a detailed safety briefing,
As the river meanders through beautiful scenery, we guide the rafts into the mighty challenges of some of the biggest and safest white water rafting in the world.
We stop before all the rapids to explain to you the planned route through. Due to the current exceptional water levels, the exact route will be decided by our expert guides on the day, so as to ensure maximum fun and safety. If at any time you feel you would prefer to join the safety boat or where possible, walk around and then rejoin the raft, this is absolutely fine. Calm stretches of water separate the rapids – perfect for getting your breath back, taking a swim and enjoying the scenery.
Midway through the trip, on one of the flat pools, we will serve biscuits and Uganda’s famous juicy pineapples. Once you have eaten your fill and sated your thirst, we head off for some more action.
Cold beer, soda's and fresh sandwiches are a welcome reward as we pack up the gear for the drive back to Jinja or on to Kampala or the airport.
Night 1 - Upon Arrival
- Boma Hotel- Entebbe- Luxury
Accommodation Options In Bwindi.
| || |
Last Night In Kampala.
| || |