This classic Botswana safari takes you to the Okavango Delta - one of the world's largest inland deltas, Chobe National Park - Botswana first national park and the best destination for wild life viewing & The Victoria Falls Zambia - One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and the major waterfall on the Zambezi River in Africa. It is famous for being the largest waterfall in the world, in the wet season.
- Visiting the Victoria Falls.
- Boat Cruise on the Zambezi River.
- Countless Game Drives at both Chobe National Park & Okavango Delta.
- The Big 5
What is included in the tour
- Light aircraft flight from Maun Airport to the appropriate airstrip in the Okavango
- Land transfer from the airstrip to your lodge in the Okavango
- 3 nights on safari in the Okavango Delta
- Camp Okavango in a Luxury Tented Suite on an All-Inclusive Basis (includes all meals, all game viewing activities (mokoro trips, motorised boat safaris and walking safaris), and selected local beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic with the exception of champagne and premium brands)
- Land transfer from your lodge in the Okavango to the nearest airstrip
- Light aircraft flight from the Okavango to Kasane Airport
CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
- Land transfer from Kasane Airport to your lodge in Chobe National Park
- 2 nights on safari in Chobe National Park
- Chobe Game Lodge in a Standard Room on an All-Inclusive Basis (includes all meals, all game viewing activities (game drives and boat trips), park fees, laundry and all beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic with the exception of champagne and premium brands)
- Land transfer from your lodge in Chobe National Park to your Hotel in the town of Victoria Falls
- 3 nights at Victoria Falls
- Ilala Lodge in a Standard Room on a Bed & Breakfast basis
- Guided Tour of the Victoria Falls (includes return transfer, guided tour of the falls , National Park Entrance fees but excludes lunch)
- Sunset Cruise on the Ra-Ikane (includes return transfers, Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River, local beverages but excludes any food)
- Land transfer from your hotel in Victoria Falls to Victoria Falls or Livingstone Airport
What is NOT included in the tour
- All flights not specified above
- International & Domestic Flights – Please advise if you require a quotation for the International or Domestic Flights
- All meals not specified above
- Personal items, personal refreshments and extras
Day 1 – Arrival in Okavango Delta
Upon arrival at Maun Airport, you will be assisted to your onward light aircraft transfer to the Delta. You land at an airstrip near your camp and you are transferred by foot or boat from the airstrip to your camp in the heart of the Okavango Delta.
Light Aircraft Flight Time: Maun Airport to Okavango Delta – approx. 25 minutes
Days 1 to 4 – Okavango Delta (3 nights)
The Okavango Delta in Botswana with its richly diverse wildlife species is one of the premium destinations in the world for a dynamic safari experience. This 22,000 square kilometre area offers a truly unique wilderness safari in Africa. The Delta forms where the Okavango River disappears beneath the sands of Botswana. Although the periphery is semi-arid, the Okavango Delta itself is a patchwork of cool clear streams, lagoons, floodplains and forested islands. In the dry winter season vast numbers of wildlife flock to where the floodwaters infiltrate the delta, providing one of the world’s most spectacular sights.
Wide grassy floodplains are host to a magnificent array of wild animals, including the specially adapted sitatunga and lechwe antelopes. Within this lacework of
channels, game viewing and bird watching is frequently guided from mokoro (dugout canoes) or more commonly, environmentally-friendly fibreglass replicas. In these slender flat-bottomed craft, guests are propelled by expert polers, many of whom were born in the Okavango Delta and know the winding waterways and their inhabitants intimately.
Camp Okavango or similar
Included: Days 1 to 4 - Daily safari activities in the Okavango Delta – Camp Okavango
Day 4 – Okavango Delta to Chobe National Park
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airstrip near your camp for your light aircraft transfer to Kasane Airport.
On arrival at Kasane Airport, you will be met by a lodge member and you will be transferred by road to your lodge in the Chobe National Park.
You have time to settle in before departing on your first afternoon game activity.
Light Aircraft Flight Time: Okavango Delta to Kasane Airport – approx. 50 minutes
Road Transfer Time: Kasane Airport to Chobe Game Lodge – approx. 45 minutes
Days 4 to 6 - Chobe National Park (2 nights)
Chobe National Park on Botswana’s north-west border is a pristine wilderness of open plains, baobab trees, ancient woodland, swamps and flood plains and is home to the greatest concentration of game in the entire southern African subcontinent. One of Africa’s most beautiful rivers, the Chobe River forms the Park’s northern boundary. The Chobe riverfront area is most famous for its large herds of elephants and buffalo, which come down to the river in huge herds to drink during the dry winter months. During this season, one may see hundreds of elephants at one time. Other species include waterbuck, lechwe, puku (this is the only part of Botswana where they can be seen), giraffe, kudu, roan and sable, impala, warthog, bushbuck, monkeys and baboons, along with the accompanying Predators: lion, leopard, hyena and jackal.
Over 460 bird species have been recorded in the park, making it one of Africa’s premier venues for bird Safaris. A highlight of Chobe is taking a river cruise, which allows you to get up close with hippo, crocodile and a mind-boggling array of water birds. You also get really close to animals that come down to the river.
Chobe Game Lodge or similar
Included: Days 4 to 6 - Daily safari activities in Chobe National Park – Chobe Game Lodge
Day 6 – Chobe National Park to Victoria Falls
After breakfast, you will be transferred by road to Kasane Airport. Here you will be met by your driver who will take you through the Kazungula border to your hotel in the Victoria Falls Town.
Upon arrival at your hotel, the rest of the day is at leisure.
Road Transfer Time: Chobe Game Lodge to Kasane Airport – approx. 45 minutes
Road Transfer time: Kasane Airport to Victoria Falls – approx. 1 ½ hours (excluding time at the border)
Days 6 to 9 – Victoria Falls (3 nights)
Besides being one of the seven natural wonders of the world and a World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is the unchallenged adventure capital of Africa with more than 50 activities available.
At 1708 metres wide, Victoria Falls is the most expansive curtain of water in the world and drops more than 100 metres into the sheer Zambezi Gorge. Straddling the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, these Falls
and the Zambezi River are the central points in an area of spectacular scenic beauty: from the Falls themselves to the broad, picturesque course of the Zambezi River upstream, the rainforest adjacent and the stark jagged gorge downstream, the power and timelessness of nature's forces are evident throughout.
The Falls’ local name, Mosi-Oa-Tunya - "the Smoke that Thunders" - more accurately defines the essence of the place: the rising, shining spray that can be seen 30km away. This vapour has the effect of adding moisture in the form of humidity to the air in the "splash zone", so that a unique, small rainforest ecosystem clings to the edge of the Falls, providing a toehold for no less than 70 shrub and 150 herbaceous species, as well as trees such as pod and Natal mahogany, ebony, Cape and strangler fig and Transvaal red milkwood. There are two National Parks in the vicinity: the Zambezi National Park in Zimbabwe and the Mosi-oa-Tunya Zoological Park in Zambia, which means that herds of big game such as elephant and buffalo, as well as smaller species and even predators such as lion persist in the area.
Ilala Lodge or similar
Included: Day 7 – View the Falls
Included: Day 7 – Sunset cruise on the Ra-Ikane
Suggested: Days 6 to 9 – Adventure Activities at the Victoria Falls
Day 9 - Victoria Falls & DEPARTURE
Today is at leisure to catch a last glimpse of the Falls until you are transferred to Victoria Falls Airport or Livingstone Airport for your flight home.
You bid farewell to Southern Africa and check in for your connecting flight home.
Road Transfer time: Ilala Lodge to Victoria Falls Airport or Livingstone Airport – approx. 25 to 30 minutes
- Camp Okavango
CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
- Chobe Game Lodge
- Ilala Lodge