The Greater Kruger National Park is South Africa's premier safari destination: it's the largest wildlife conservancy in Africa, set in one of the most accessible yet unspoilt wilderness areas in South Africa.
What is included in the tour
- Road transfer from Hoedspruit Airport to your game lodge in the Timbavati Game Reserve
- Timbavati Gate & Vehicle Entrance fees
- 2 nights in the Timbavati Game Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge in 1 x Luxury safari tent on a Full Board & Activities basis (includes accommodation, all meals and twice-daily game drives)
- Transfer from your lodge in the Timbavati to your lodge in the Sabi Sand Reserve
- Sabi Sand Gate & Vehicle Entrance fees
- 3 nights in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- Notten’s Bush Camp in 1 x Deluxe Suite on an All Inclusive Basis (includes accommodation, three meals daily, local soft drinks, house wines and local beers, twice daily game drives and optional bush walks)
- Transfer from your game lodge in the Sabi Sands to Nelspruit Airport
What is NOT included in the tour
- All flights (INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC)
- All meals not specified above
- Optional activities
- Personal items, tipping, personal refreshments and extras
Day 1: Arrival in Kruger - Timbavati Game Reserve
Upon arrival at Hoedspruit Airport, you are met by our representative and are transferred by road to the Timbavati Game Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger National Park.
You have time to settle in at your lodge before you set off on the afternoon game drive in the Timbavati.
Flight time – Johannesburg to Hoedspruit: approx. 1 hour
Transfer time – Hoedspruit to Timbavati: approx. 1 hour
Days 1 to 3: Timbavati Game Reserve (2 nights)
The Timbavati forms part of the 2 million hectare Greater Kruger National Park. It was the first private game reserve to be incorporated into the Kruger National Park and is part of one of Africa's most innovative conservation partnership agreements. The Timbavati is 14 700 hectares (36 300 acres) and shares an unfenced boundary with Kruger National Park. Track the Big Five, as well as a rich variety of other game such as antelope, zebra, warthog, giraffe and hippo, in the company of an armed ranger and local Shangaan tracker.
Bird viewing is spectacular, with over 360 recorded species including various eagles, vultures, kingfishers, woodpeckers, buzzards, herons, egrets, owls, weavers. The Timbavati is also home to the world-famous “White Lions of Timbavati”.
Simbavati River Lodge or similar
Activities:Included: Days 1 to 3 - Daily safari activities in the Timbavati Game Reserve at Simbavati River Lodge
Day 3: Timbavati Game Reserve to Sabi Sands Game Reserve
After your morning game drive and brunch, you are met by our representative and transferred southwards to your game lodge in the Sabi Sand Reserve, also part of Greater Kruger.
There is time to check in before you depart on your afternoon game drive in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve.
Transfer time – Timbavati to Sabi Sands: approx. 3 hours
Days 3 to 6: Sabi Sands Game Reserve (3 nights)
Forming part of the Greater Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Reserve has no fences and the wildlife is able to cross freely between the Sabi Sands and the rest of the Greater Kruger National Park. The safari experience in the Sabi Sand is highly personalised because game drive vehicles have exclusive traversing rights in their area. The Sabi Sand Reserve is a remarkable natural sanctuary known for its exceptionally high concentration of animal and bird life.
Close contact encounters are guaranteed as the animals are not threatened by the presence of vehicles thanks to sound conservation management policies. Safaris are led by experienced rangers coupled with local Shangaan trackers. With exceptional sightings of leopard (usually the most elusive of cats), lion, rhino, elephant and buffalo during game drives - visitors are never lacking in exciting photographic content.
Notten’s Bush Camp or similar
Included: Days 3 to 6 – Daily Safari Programme in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve at Nottens Bush Camp
Day 6: Sabi Sands Game Reserve & Departure
This morning you enjoy your last game drive and brunch before bidding farewell to this African wonderland.
You are met by our representative and transferred to Nelspruit (KMIA) Airport for your connecting flight home.
Transfer time – Sabi Sands to Nelspruit Airport: approx. 2 hours